2022 was a year of growth and accomplishment for the Law Offices of Bruce A. Bierhans, LLC. Looking back, these are some of the year’s highlights:
1) 2022 was the first year in which our new staff members were together for a full year. Big thanks to Attorney TJ Hurrie, paralegal Lauren Walsh and paralegal Emily Entwhistle.
2) In February 2022, Attorney Robert George, one of the most accomplished criminal defense attorneys in the country, became Of Counsel to our firm.
3) Throughout the year, Attorney Bierhans continued his involvement with many non-profit organizations on the Cape, both as counsel and as Chair or a board member. One area of particular pride was the continued growth of Cape Wellness Collaborative, a non-profit Chaired by Attorney Bierhans since 2014 that funds integrative services for Cape and Island cancer patients. Huge thanks to CEO Abby Field and the CWC staff from Bruce!
4) Towards year-end, our firm was involved as counsel to shareholders in a multimillion settlement of a shareholder dispute.
5) After a January 2022 trial in a case tried by Attorney Bierhans, we received a favorable verdict in a business dispute in which our client was awarded double damages and counsel fees.
6) In a case before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, we received a favorable decision on behalf of clients who had been prevented from having a Black Lives Matter sign on their lawn by a condominium association. The case was ultimately successfully settled.
7) Early in 2022, Attorney Bierhans agreed to serve as Honorary Finance Chair for the campaign of Attorney Rob Galibois for Cape and Islands District Attorney. The campaign resulted in a significant win by Attorney Galibois.
8) We successfully resolved multiple divorce cases on behalf of clients.
9) We were highly successful in achieving many settlements for clients in personal injury actions.
10) With the addition of Attorney George, and Attorney Hurrie’s experience as a former Assistant District Attorney, we successfully expanded our criminal defense practice.
11) Attorney Bierhans was appointed by Judges in the Barnstable Probate and family Court as both a Conservator and Special Personal Representative in cases in which the court deemed assistance from experienced counsel was required.
12) Attorney Bierhans received a “Preeminent” rating from Martindale Hubbell for the 27th consecutive year.
13) We continued to represent clients in literally all areas of business, real estate, probate and trust litigation.
14) We defended multiple Cape Cod motel owners in cases involving the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
We look forward to continuing to serve our community and provide compassionate and aggressive legal services on behalf of our clients in 2023!